Daily Transportation at Balea Waterfall / Lake with Balea Bus
A daily shuttle service between Sibiu and Transfagarasan is made by Carpathian Travel Center, tourist company from Sibiu.
Between July and October the bus runs to Balea Lake.
Are provided three daily routes, after the following schedule:
Tour: Sibiu (Parking Thalia Hall) – Avrig – Cartisoara - Balea Waterfall (Cable Car Station)
Departure time: (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) 9:00; 14:00
Retour: Balea Waterfall (Cable Car Station) – Cartisoara – Avrig - Sibiu (Parking Thalia Hall)
Departure time: (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) 11:00; 16:00
The price of a tour ticket is 79 lei / person / one way and 144 lei / person / round trip.
Tour: Sibiu (Parking Thalia Hall) – Avrig – Cartisoara - Balea Waterfall (Cable Car Station) - Balea Lake
Departure time: (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) 9:00; 15:30
Retour: alea Lake - Balea Waterfall (Cable Car Station) – Cartisoara – Avrig - Sibiu (Parking Thalia Hall)
Departure time: (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) 10:30; 17:00
The price of a tour ticket is 112 lei / person / one way and 205 lei / person / round trip.
Details at phone: +40-269-211-344
Carpathian Travel Center Company achieved such a daily shuttle between Sibiu and Transfagarasan also a good opportunity for those who want to visit the surroundings of Sibiu. Also, in collaboration with Sibiu International Airport, began a shuttle passengers between Sibiu and neighboring counties, linking the airport and the city, hotels, hostels, and links to Hunedoara, Alba and Cluj, in the future being provided also Valcea and Mures counties, for better movement in the area and a beneficial relaunch of tourism.
1) This is a tourist bus, it doesn't have regular timetable and it will only run with a reservation.
The reservation must be made online, at least with 24 hours before departure.
2) Please be at the mentioned meeting point not later than 10 minutes before the departure time.
3) At the boarding please show the e-Ticket to the driver/ dispatcher.
4) Cancellation of the booking/e-Ticket requires a minimum of 12 hours’ notice before departure.
5) The tax payable for processing the cancellation in this conditions is RON 10,00 per booking + VAT.
6) If the booking is cancelled less than 12 hours before departure, the penalty will be 100% of the booking cost.
7) The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions, which can cause 1 - 2 hours delays. Carpathian Travel Center is not responsible for losing any connections you have booked with other transport companies.
8) Carpathian Travel Center reserves the right to modify/cancel the timetable not later than 24 hours before departure and it will refund the costs of the bookings, if is the case.
9) Balea Bus operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
10) Due to bad weather conditions, the cable car from Balea Waterfall to Balea Lake or back can stop working. In this case Balea Bus will wait for maximum 1 hour. If it is necessary you have to purchase new tickets for coming days.